Powered By Blogger

4.26.2011

Another couponing adventure

So. . . as I'm sure all of you lovely followers are aware, I made my first couponing attempt a few weeks ago when I saved a whopping $40.00 on my entire bill totaling about 23% savings. Now, as I mentioned previously, certain grocery stores offer certain days in which they will double all manufacturer coupons. Well I searched my Rainbow ad far and wide and found on the back in little print that on Saturdays they do this! So. . . I dragged my husband out the Saturday before Easter (which wasn't as unpleasant as it sounds) with a handful of coupons and a strategic game plan. I ended up only getting the necessities and sales items, but my greatest save was $.75 off organic eggs, doubled making them well under a dollar for a dozen. We ended up with a cart full of groceries and a bill of only $74.00. We saved 34% on our entire bill! Don't act like your impressed from my SECOND couponing attempt. Also, I want to share a website my lovely mother-in-law reccommended: pocketyourdollars.com. Tons of printable coupons, directs you where the sales are and it's super user friendly.

Happy couponing ya'll :)

1 comment:

  1. I think that Rainbow does "double daze" they call it, and i am pretty sure it is every Wednesday and Saturday! I haven't gotten my Rainbow ones in a while.. think our neighbor ganks them. Keep posting Whit! I look forward to checking your blog at work :) love you!

    ReplyDelete