Powered By Blogger

4.19.2011

Antiquing

I have been dying to share this with you all! One of my super cute and trendy co-workers informed me about this little house in Minneapolis that they stage and fill with antiques for sale. It is called the cottage house and was easily the highlight of my weekend. So, the house, which you can find at: www.thecottagehousempls.com/ is open 5 days a month and foes from a Wednesday to a Sunday. The selection completely depends on who contributes and what they have at the time. This month was the Spring Fling and the selection consisted of dressers, light fixtures, vases, pictures, garden tools, garden decor, and any other antiques you can think of. My mom, aunt and I trekked out on Sunday, which just so happened to be their discount day! I am constantly on the look out for 'things' for our house: tables here & there, new light fixtures, a dresser- you know, standard obsessed home-owner decorator. I left with an immense amount of self-control and promised my husband I'd behave. Well I happened to score some wonderful items:

This adorable maroon-ish, red end table


Matches perfectly and looks great next to our colorful chair. Ummmm and did I mention it was $10.00!



We have since re-arranged our living room too. . . pictures later!


I also picked up a cute little pot of wheat grass, which Luke has been dying to find.


And this adorable plaque

So that was my first cottage house experience and boy was it a memorable one! I'll let you guys all see how a simple furniture re-arrange completely opened up our living room and made it a separate space. Happy Tuesday!

2 comments: