Powered By Blogger

2.25.2011

Curtains galore

Okay so. . .
I am happy to say our kitchen and hallway curtains are complete and hung! Our neighbors now officially have no excuse to peer through our windows. Luke and I were hunting far and wide for a fabric or curtain that would tie the kitchen and the entry way in together. Gold and maroon is a popular color scheme but we wanted to bring in a little bit of another color too. I initially found this curtain panel at Tar-ghetto as I like to call it, but it was a little bit more than I was wanting to spend. We then snagged it up in Owatonna for $18 (Luke's home town) the weekend we were at his parent's for Christmas. We consulted our lovely friend/neighbor who ensured us she could make this one panel into a double panel curtain for our kitchen and a single panel curtain for our hallway window.

Here's our lovely kitchen sans curtains


Definitely lacking, I'd say.

So here is a picture of the curtains and rod hung:


And here's a closer look at what the fabric looks like with the gold wall



I think it looks just beautiful together. And the curtains are dark so they kind of take away the light that shines in so we do have some tie backs being made for when we want the curtains open so the sun can shine in. Those are in progress as well! Painting begins tomorrow, along with my first attempt at a DIY head board for our bed.

I will update you all with the progress.

Happy Friday loves!

4 comments:

  1. Oh those are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are living my dream! I am a house-things nerd, I love curtains! Cant wait to have my own house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the curtains girl... good choice. Ties the cabinets and wall together nicely... I like your taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, girls! I can't wait to show you the finished product of our bedroom paint job. My husband and I lived in an apartment for a year & 1/2 so I can definitely relate to your anticipation, Penny. Your time will come :)

    ReplyDelete