Powered By Blogger

3.06.2011

Kitties!

Okay so. . . Its official.
Luke and I trekked out to the Humane Society last weekend and fell in love with not one, but two adorable black kittens. Apparently the litter of 9 were left in a cardboard box on the side of the road, before they were taken in by the humane society. We played with a number of different cats, ranging from a few months to three years old. We were really hoping to get the deal "buy a cat under a year, get a cat over a year for free" I know- kind of a ridiculous deal, but there are so many animals needing a home, we thought it'd be a good idea. Well, when we took these two kitties in a room to play (at the time named Jill and Tynesha) it was love at first sight. They were the only two cats actually sharing a cage and they were cuddled together and so affectionate toward one another we knew we wouldn't be able to split them up. Now i had never been a cat person and would admit that I'm not really the prime example of a cat owner, but I love these two kitties!

We bought them home and I had named one Nora, who turned out to be the naughty one. Luke named the other Fiji, after my favorite place in the world :)

We decided that during the day, we keep them in the basement to avoid them being given an opportunity to scratch up our wonderful new leather couch. They have more than enough room to move and play around down there. Here is a picture of the first day we had them after Luke came home from work:


They were both huddled behind a picture frame-- ugh so adorable.

They eventually opened up and now act like they practically own the place. We couldn't be happier! Here's a few more pic of them just being ridiculously cute:




They make incredible snuggle buddies and are a ton of fun to watch 'explore' our house.

13 comments:

  1. OMG they are the cutest things walking the earth! And good for you for adopting! Everyone shoud adopt. Seriously. We adopted a cat too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I have a special place in my heart for black cats...I just hope they don't get fat like my guy :) There is more of him to hug now, though, so that's nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh *melt*... reminds me of when my furbaby was little! Make the most of their baby months! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I felt the same way when I brought my Belle home. I can't wait til I have my own place again because she's getting a roommate. I feel so bad for her sometimes that her only playmates are my socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so Purrrfect... My cays has just licked the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep it safe, keep it sexy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwh :) they are pretty cute whit.. even though i'm not a huge cat fan, haha, what would phinnie and splinter think?

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so cute snuggled in the corner! I coulcn't even tell two cats were there!

    Stopping by from 20SB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww! So cute! And what eyes. Nice to see that they are so attached to each other. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, I have chosen you to receive a blogger award! Come check it out at my blog. Just click here to go right to the post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so honored, Cece. Just checked out your blog. . . love!

    ReplyDelete