Powered By Blogger

5.08.2011

Wine, momma's day and gardening fun

Phew!
It's 8 o'clock on Sunday and I could absolutely go to bed right now. We've been asking for nice weather and boy oh' boy did we get it this weekend. Friday, Luke and I headed out to a bonfire with some friends- BBQing and bonfire was the perfect way to end a long week. Saturday morning, we ran some errands and took a trip out to Stillwater for the day. It was 70 degrees and sunny and we had bought a gift certificate to a wine tasting and tour at this winery in Stillwater for our parents so we made it a full family affair :) The wine tour ended up not being a tour at all. Well they explained it as a 'tour' of the wines not of the actual winery. And although I got a little angered, it was sunny and I was surrounded by people I love so it absolutely did not ruin our day. We finished it off with a late lunch at a restaurant right on the river and walked around at some cute little shops downtown.


Saturday was gone before we knew it and we were up bright and early prepping for Mother's day lunch at our house. Luke and I were both extremely nervous to fit 15 people in our home, but it turned out the open layout is really suited for entertaining guests. Lots of food and family made a perfect day. And as surprising as it is, there were still some people that hadn't seen our house since we moved in. Some of these included my aunt and uncle. They entered with a very thoughtful housewarming gift:



GARDENING TOOLS, SEEDS, and a little gardening roller thing! Now I have NO excuse not to start a garden. We had been talking a couple weeks ago about how I really wanted to plant some veggies, but was a little scared because I didn't know where to start. Well so far I still don't really know where to start, but I think I'm close with having the gardening tools :) The plan so far is to make somewhat of a raised planters bed with the veggies. Something like this that I found on the Home Depot website: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202102095/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053. Does anyone have gardening tips they'd like to share?

Happy Mother's day, to all the momma's out there!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like an awfully crafty and handy hand cart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any tips, but I would love to help you garden some sunny afternoon or warm evening :)

    ReplyDelete