Powered By Blogger

2.28.2011

Bedroom progress

Hmmmmmm. . . So I just realized how that sounds, but it seemed catchy and pretty self explanatory. We got the bedroom painted this weekend! With the help of our lovely friend/neighbor, we got it done in just a couple hours on Saturday. So after some slight debate and sound reasoning, we decided to go with a color we currently had an abundance on. Those of you who were not aware, my loving husband and I completely over-estimated the amount of paint needed to paint our living area and kitchen, and as a result ended up with a gallon and 1/2 of the Cinnamon stick (the color we chose to paint our bedroom) and 3 and 1/2 gallons of the gold. Needless to say we are still searching for areas in which the gold can be used.

So here are some pics of before and after the paint job:

Before:



After:



And yes- I am still seeking a home for my lovely collection of shoes:


I'm looking for the right shoe tree for our space.

Now, keep in mind that the arrangement of our room is still very temporary. We previously had our bed in the corner and dressers on opposite sides of the room, but as we had all of our furniture pushed in the middle of the room as we pained, we kind of enjoyed the bed under the window. It sort of put a damper on the whole headboard idea, but the fabric hung in the window is what we are/were going to use for the headboard. . . Only time will tell what we end up doing. Our hope is that eventually we can find a big armoire or dresser that the two of us can use together, and we can ditch Luke's old falling apart dresser. I've got my eye on one from Ikea right now!

So that's the update with the bedroom. We may one day paint the ceiling the gold color, but who knows!

9 comments:

  1. cute! i love 'meeting' people who like painting and decorating as much as i do! :)

    stopping by from 20SB...

    xx,
    melissa

    www.kindnesspatiencebalance.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a BEAUTIFUL paint color. I love it... simply LOVE it. :-D

    -C

    (I'm visiting your blog from 20sb.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And...it would appear that I've been here before. Duh. I recognize the shower post down there. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whitney,

    Super cute! I love the color. But I have to admit, when I seen the title, I was hoping there were babies in your future...:) You know me! I love this blog It makes me miss you less, I feel like I'm visiting you in your new hope.
    love you
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is so cute! I'm not married but my bf and I are moving into our place together next month and it's all very exciting. This is such a great way to journal your "new married life".

    I wish you all the best and look forward to seeing how everything comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty color! I like your blog's background. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome color! I love going bold with paint! When I lived at home, I had to convince my mom on many rooms to go dark and bold! Great color for a bedroom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neat colors! You guys sure have done a great job making your new house your home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the comments everyone! I am just having so much fun sharing my life, my marriage, and my experiences with everyone. I'm glad to see people find it interesting :)

    ReplyDelete