Powered By Blogger

2.23.2011

Slowly but Surely

Okay so I'm sure any other homeowner is well aware that there is always something to do around the house. That something is somewhat of a broad term. It can mean cleaning, it can mean planting, gardening (obviously which isn't an option now) or it can mean making "improvements." When we moved into our house, we were lucky enough to start from scratch. Our house was a flip, and of all the flips we saw in our home search, this house was by far the best. They completely ripped down the original house and built a new one, so we have new floors, new roof, new appliances, new everything. But along with that new, came pretty generic. For example, all of our walls were white and all of our closets lacked any sort of shelving. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this because we are able to personalize our home and make it ours, but I am sometimes a little too motivated for my own good and am constantly wanting to 'do things.' I think one of my greatest concerns when we moved in was not having shelving in our bedroom, and not having a lot of closet space. As I said before, we were able to personalize, and our tiny, empty closet turned into this:



(Please forgive me for the slight disorganization)

We now have ample closet space for all of our clothes, and the two bedrooms in the basement serve as a sort of overflow.

We also have a closet on the other side of our kitchen that has, since we moved in, been serving as random storage. Luke had expressed some interest in converting the closet into a sort of pantry so we snagged up a wire shelving unit from Home Depot and turned this:


Into this:


Much more pleasing on the eyes, and I think once we get some things moved around, it'll be perfect! Mission 'PAINT OUR BEDROOM' begins this weekend (no excuses) and I couldn't be more excited. Before and after pics to come.

1 comment:

  1. I love making things "my own." It can be a long process, but fun! I found you on 20sb. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete