Powered By Blogger

8.18.2011

Bucket list

Yes-
This post is inspired by the amazing film staring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. The movie is incredibly inspirational because it tells the story of this terminally ill man who has a list of things he'd like to do before he 'kicks the bucket.' I was thinking the other day about how great of an idea this is. Not only will it force me to be ambitious and strive towards reaching my goals, but also will allow me to cherish the lovely moments that I have on this earth.

Now some of the things on my said 'bucketlist' have already been accomplished, but when I think back on my life, were things I told myself I had to do. For example:
-Graduate from College
-Find the love of my life
-Get married

. . . yadda yadda- all things I have done.

Some things will be more difficult to attain because, well- maybe they are more speculative.
-Make a difference
-Be happy
-Don't take any moment for granted

. . . These things aren't things I can just check off after one occasion, but are more ongoing things I'd like to achieve.

Then there are things that are very black and white- I do them or I don't.
-Become fluent in Spanish
-Run a 1/2 marathon
-Travel to Europe
-Go skydiving
-Become a manager or director
-Start a family.

Honestly, my bucket list goes on and on, and one day I am actually going to physically write these things down and start crossing them off. I feel like this will provide me with more drive towards completing them. There are so many things I want to do and life is too short to sit around waiting for opportunities to approach us. Get out there and accomplish your dreams and goals :)

Does anyone else have a bucket list? What's on yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment