Powered By Blogger

2.16.2011

Spring Fever

Today was another absolutely beautiful day. THe work day was non-traditional and our meeting in Minneapolis and a doctor's appointment allowed me to spend a fair amount of time driving with my windows cracked and my sunglasses on (2 of my favorite activities). I never thought I was affected by Seasonal Affective Disorder, but I have really been feeling down this winter. Its like now that the sun is shining and the temperature is above freezing all I want to do is be outside soaking up the sun. I am counting down the days until the snow is fully melted and I can start my very own garden! What will I grow? When do I plant? Where do I plant? I should probably figure all of these things out before I kill my non-planted plants. Also, we're going to need to invest in a lawn mower, a sprinkler, and some patio furniture. Can you tell that we bought our house in the dead of winter?

So back to the beautiful day. . . . I had an urge to be outside, and as my doctor told me that increased physical activity could definitely fight my winter blues, I decided to go for my first outdoor run of the season. Not only did I have time to clear my mind and explore my neighborhood, but I got that much needed Vitamin D! The sun and the weather has given me a baaad case of Spring fever and I'm ready for baseball to start! I have a feeling that my blog will transform to a baseball blog once my husband and my life is overwhelmed with the Minnesota Twins! Counting down the days :)

2 comments:

  1. I already read your blog pretty regularly Whit, but if it turns into a Twins blog, I will be your number one blogging fan (I like to think that I am already).

    PS Grow asparagus. I will come eat it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you on 20sb and I think that your blog is cute. Love to have loverly days!

    ReplyDelete