Powered By Blogger

2.18.2011

I am officially . . . . . a Costco member!


(Imagine my name and beautiful face on the back. . . and by beautiful I mean horrendous. I didn't know they would take my picture!)

Tonight my friend Katie and I met up for a wonderful Costco endeavor. We were gathering up supplies for the bridal shower we are throwing for our lovely friend, Mary. As we were discussing how we were going to maneuver both of our lacks of membership to Costco, I finally took one for the team and decided to join. I'd actually been trying to convince Luke for months what a great deal it is, and tonight was a perfect opportunity to show him. He for some reason thought that buying in bulk wasn't going to be ideal for only 2 people. I however, begged to differ.Their produce is outstanding, and their meat selection is another great deal saver- 6 hearts of romaine lettuce for a whopping $3.69, and almost 7 lbs of ground turkey for $15.00. I honestly feel like I could live in that place! It can be deceiving, however, because not everything is that much more cost effective. Its a matter of doing research and knowing where the deals are.

Over $100.00 later, Katie and I headed to get our nails done. This was her b-day present to me, and could not have happened at a better time. I, for some reason, have a difficult time justifying wearing a beautiful ring when my hands look like a 10 year old boys.


Quite an improvement, I might say :)
Thanks Katie!

Welp that is my nice little Friday. I'm so excited for the shower tomorrow and I can't wait to share if with everyone! Happy weekend everyone.

3 comments:

  1. You have a nice blog..

    I like the layout

    http://aheartforall.blogspot.com

    Love
    Anna (from 20sb)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw your nails look gorgeous don't you love getting them done? And yes Costco can be a great deal but sometimes a rip off if you don't actually use the product regularly or if you don't like you said, do your research. nice ring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank so much for the comments, ladies! I can say, my husband was greatly impressed with my Costco finds. .. I'm slowly pulling him toward becoming an appreciative member :)

    ReplyDelete