Powered By Blogger

4.17.2011

The Importance of Relationships

So, I have received some questions recently about my lack of blogging, and well- I really have no excuse as to where I have been for the past week and 1/2. I guess life just kind of wrapped me up in all its glory and I happened to forget to share my endeavors with all of my wonderful followers. So here's a little re-cap. I spent last weekend up in Northern Minnesota with 13 other girls celebrating a bachelorette party for one of my best friends. It was like a Gustavus reunion (that's where I did my undergrad) because I was surrounded by my old roommies from college. The way we click and the way we interact really got me thinking about relationships in general. Some of the girls I had just recently seen, some I hadn't talked to in weeks, but we all managed to pick up where we left off and have the time of our lives.

I am fortunate enough to be surrounded by healthy relationships. I have a wonderful relationship with my husband, my husband's family has become my own, and I really can't imagine having anyone else as my in-laws. My entire family is my world. My immediate family serves as my rock- they are so supportive and have shaped me into who I am today. My extended family is amazing. I find myself constantly laughing and having fun with them (I really wish I wasn't always so busy so I could spend more time with them). My friends, ugh my friends. . . Until I reached college, I never knew how rare my strong friendships from childhood were. I am fortunate to have a handful of friends who have been there through thick and thin since my days in middle school (I know, crazy since I am 25!). Now, people change. That is inevitable, but sometimes we are fortunate enough to experience these changes with our loved ones and allow them to influence our changes in a positive way. In this way, we grow and change together. Stay connected, and remain friends. This is how these long friendships have become what they are. It seems as if I have found one of the rarest, and most important pieces of life, and that is keeping my friends in my life and in my heart. I know, it's cheesy! But I have been thinking a lot about this. Wishing that there were more hours in my days so I could show and tell each and everyone I love how much they mean to me. My husband hears it every day, My family hears it extremely frequently, but my friends just have to know. So I hope they know.

I'd like to finish this post with a quote about relationships I found:

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same." ~Flavia Weedn

4 comments:

  1. Hello Whitney Harvey, I have found you on Blogger and visit to your blog link after reading this post i can only say “There is no feeling more comforting and consoling than knowing you are right next to the one you love.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. I turn 25 in August, and my best friend is a girl I met in pre-school... we've been through it all and I can't imagine going through life without her! So glad to know other people have the same relationship with childhood friends!I also reconnected with old college friends this weekend at a Bachelorette party :) Had a WONDERFUL time, it's amazing how you can just pick up like you were still in college!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's def super important with relationships and having to keep all your relationships good. Some people when they get boyfriends and stuff fall off the face of the earth. It's so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulation! You are very fortunate to have good extended family. Your experience could be shared by others. It depends on how we interact with our family, relatives, neighbors and friends.

    ReplyDelete