Powered By Blogger

5.28.2011

Long weekend, followed by. . . summer? Please!?

Well-it's 60 degrees and cloudy here in the good old Twin Cities area. I think part of what has made this the most difficult year is because of the weather. I'm finding it so difficult motivate myself. During winter, I often enter a state of hibernation. . You know- like bears. I put on my winter layer and become globula-like to fight off the cold (or at least that's what I tell myself). So along with the everlasting winter, goes my desire to venture out. Every nice day we have had, I have been outside. I got a topsy turvy tomato plant hung (which a storm has since mutilated), and a bleeding heart planted, which serves as a memorial for all we have lost this year. . Sidebar, thanks to my amazing parents for the plant. Its beauutiful!

We have a long weekend this weekend, and I have been repeatedly asked, What are you guys doing this weekend? I'm finding that apparently Luke and I are the only 2 people on earth without defined plans. I greatly appreciate the free time that we have in our lives, because it ALWAYS seems like we have something to do and somewhere to be. Although it causes me a bit of anxiety, I don't mind flying by the seat of our pants every now and then. Getting past the fact that its crappy outside and that we may never see the beautiful consistent sun of summer, I am hoping to spend time outside, go for a run, weed, and maybe re-construct our topsy turvy- or return it for a more stable plant structure. I also don't know how I feel about starting with seeds. I think that because the weather has been so unpredictable, it'd be best to start with little plants. We shall see.

So I started this post yesterday and believe it or not- the sun has begun to peek out today. Maybe my weeding will get accomplished!

Happy 3 day weekend, ya'll- Talk soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment