Powered By Blogger

7.17.2011

. . . Getting my run on

Whew. It has been quite a while since my last blog post. Life has been pretty crazy. Summer has been pretty eventful: weddings, showers, bachelorette parties, birthday parties, family get together. And here we are- the summer is 1/2 over and I feel like I haven't even really enjoyed it!

One thing that has become a recent fixation of mine, is running. I was influenced by the other incredibly avid runners in my life, and decided that I needed to start running again. I used to run a lot on college. I could step on the treadmill and easily run 4-5 miles without hesitation. Now. . . . not so much. I don't know if my age has caught up to me, or what but I have begun training for a 5K. I am convincing myself that after the 1st race, it will all get easier. We (yes we. . I talked my husband in to accompanying me in the race) are now less than 2 weeks away from what will be my first official race. I'm really excited about my ambition towards starting a healthier lifestyle. I hope to keep this incorporated into my daily life, because I have already started feeling like a have more energy and just overall feel better about myself.

We ventured to Run N Fun this weekend, where my fitness really was inferior to um. . . EVERYONE in the store. Conversations flew around about when people were running their next marathon, who was running a triathalon and who was just running a 10K the following day. I could've bolted out of the store in embarrassment, but I decided to stick it out, get what I went there for, and go home and get ready for a run. It was almost 100 degrees and about 90% humidity out, but I still ran. I have decided that I'm not doing this to lose weight or to look better, because I'm comfortable in my skin. I need to FEEL better. I want to wake up and feel energized and excited to start my day and not feel like I need my typical 10 hours of sleep a night. Hooray for making a positive change in my life! I really hope that by the end of summer, I will have enough endurance to run a 10K and its looking promising. . . Wish me luck everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck!!! I'm so happy you're doing this. I was hooked after my first race, and I think you might be too! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete