Powered By Blogger

12.17.2009

Making the band

So, I was recently approached by some of my fiancé's friends, who are in a band, in regards to me singing a couple of ditties with them on a few songs. Well I had the opportunity to sit in on a practice and my creative juices started immediately overflowing the church we practiced at. I started writing along their lead vocalist and somehow my back up in a few songs turned into me being actually being in the band. I am ecstatic! I have recently been trying to find something to satisfy my craving for belonging somewhere. In highschool and college I had softball and choir and was overwhelmed with school work. Well unfortunately, the real world has created some challenges for me, time being number one. Working two jobs and still maintaining my full-time student status has been difficult, but honestly, leaving band practice sets me into a place that I haven't been in a long time. I am truly happy and blessed to have a supportive fiancé who holds my hand throughout all of my endeavors and my chaotic yet intensely organized life. This is my version of making the band.... And guess what? I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment