Powered By Blogger

12.19.2009

Patience and performing

Someone wise once said that "patience is a virtue." Well, unfortunately this is not a trait that I inherited from my lovely mother and father. I have found that I repeatedly promise my fiance that I will work on being a more patient person. I am not quite sure, but I think having a mother with a mild case of OCD has greatly contributed to my being overly conscious of time. Of course I fall in love with a man of my opposite! Does anyone have suggestions about how to be more patient. I've found, honestly that acknowledging that I am nervous and anxious about being late for any particular event, taking a deep breath and transferring my attention to another activity helps calm me. Tonight is my debut in Chasing Friday, the band that I have joined, and I'm almost positive that my anxiety and frustration is due to nervousness. After a glass of wine and some food in my belly, I'm sure the adrenaline I get when I perform will kick in. I just can't wait to be on stage again. All eyes on me, hopefully enjoying my interpretation and expression of music. Such a good feeling. Only someone who loves performing understands what an amazing feeling that is. Okay, my head has been cleared and have transformed from stressed to excited. About to head out the door.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I love you Whit! Unfortunately I have no adivce on how to be more patient....its a trait that I need to learn to live with. I think the best thing to remember is that at the end of the day you really cant change people.....and obv. Luke fell in love with your impatient self...and so did all your friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks La! I know - patience is really something that I am trying to work on. I really appreciate you looking at is as something that my friends love (or have learned to deal with) about me. I guess I can say it makes me who I am and I'll learn to love it, too :)

    ReplyDelete