Powered By Blogger

2.02.2011

Early b-day love


So apparently I have the most thoughtful husband in the world (or he's just tired of my nagging), but tonight after we road-tripped it up to Anoka for my cousin's talent show, he gave me the option to receive an early b-day present. We drove and drove, I put a blindfold on, and it was soon revealed that our destination was Guitar Center. He had apparently placed an order for this Ibanez Mikro guitar (mini-sized specifically for me) to be picked up for my birthday present! I am so overwhelmingly excited about it- it plays so nicely. The frets are closer together than a standard guitar and the strings are just slightly further apart, making it perfect for smaller individuals with carni-sized hands. My lovely band mate, White Mike, will now finally receive the bass he lended me back, from the 6 month long stint it had in the Harvey household. Hurray for my new bass, and my lovely husband showing me some early birthday love!

3 comments:

  1. Slappin' da base mon'! :) luf the shoulder strap too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O man, that is beautiful! Love it. Excited to hear you jam out....can I say, I am STILL waiting for a CD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me excited too...as does your motivation and overall excitement for playing the bass (and music in general). =)

    I'm also with Lindy, I'm STILL waiting on a CD as well.... =P

    ReplyDelete