Powered By Blogger

2.03.2011

Road Trip

So, Luke and I have been feeling a little anti-social sick of the winter, so we very sporadically decided to take a road trip out to visit one of my favorite friends from high school in Chicago. I feel like I've never really been that affected by the winter weather, but this blistering cold, and the lack of sun has really got me feeling sorry for myself. Heading to Chi town over my birthday weekend really just seems like the little jump start of spontaneity that I need to make this winter weather seem more tolerable. In the almost 6 years that Luke and I have been in cahoots, we have never gone on a road trip together. As a matter of fact, our honeymoon was the first trip we ever took with just the two of us. Being young and in love (and currently without kids or pets) really drives us to want to stay spontaneous, fun, and social (which we are working on improving). I see my parents, who vacation and just randomly go to Vegas (because they can), and I really hope that we can stay like that. I'm really looking forward to this road trip! Highlights of the weekend will include: Shedd aquarium, the Museum of Science and Industry (a science nerds dream), Comedy Sportz, and of course hugging my friend an obscene amount of times. I'll keep taking pictures and keep everyone updated. . . . And wish us luck :)

1 comment: