Powered By Blogger

3.20.2011

Photo wall expansion

Well. Project photo wall expansion began this weekend. After a record-breaking quick trip to Ikea, and 25 little dollars later, I scored my self an array of wonderful black picture frames.



We had a few extra picture frames laying around and decided to throw them up on the wall as well, but we will be adding about 10 additional pieces to the wall.

Here is what our lovely wall looked like before:


We then decided to cut out some newspapers into the approximate sizes of the picture frames we had remaining to hang and taped them up into their spots. Here's a couple picture of the aftermath.



We are so excited to get our frames filled and hung up, because I think its really going to look great. At my grandparents this weekend, we looked through old pictures and I expressed a lot of interest in this old picture of my grandparents, my dad, and my aunt in 1965 at Como Zoo. I immediately fell in love looking at how beautiful my grandma looks and handsome my grandpa looks. Not to mention my dad and aunt are absolutely adorable. Here's a little sneak peek of the picture in its new frame. Can't wait to get it up on the wall!


Pictures with progress will come soon :)

5 comments:

  1. I think this is so neat! My boyfriend and I have plans to do that to our hallway wall too but haven't gotten our butts in gear to get it done. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I found you via 20SB. Your wall looks great so far! I wanted to do this in my living room and have a ton of frames but I need to fill them and hang them. It's been a year since I said I would do it. I should get on that!

    ~ Cara

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice! i also love hanging stuff on my wall jst so it doesnt look too plain,lol
    pls check out my blog when u cn :)
    thnks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea. My friend has a wall like this at her house :) I found you from 20sb.
    Jill
    www.lifeaftercollege3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see my fellow 20 sb stopping in on my page. Thanks so much for the positive feedback. Can't wait for you to see the finished product :)

    ReplyDelete