Powered By Blogger

2.09.2011

Opposites attract

I would like to acknowledge how different my husband and I are. Not only do we have completely different attitudes, outlooks and opinions on most things, but we also have different priorities, passions, and motivations. We find at times that we disagree, and challenge one another, and bring out a balance in one another: this is what makes us work. Now, I dated before him, and in my dating experiences I found myself completely underwhelmed with people 'just like me.' It's almost like my overly-anxious, loud and obnoxious self, accompanied with another similar personality creates a battle and a clashing of personalities. When I met my husband I was immediately drawn to him. He was soft-spoken, a little shy, and so easy going that I just admired him. Being around him grounded me and it was exactly what I needed. In all my life I have never been so comfortable with another human being (almost obnoxiously so) and I am so happy to see the way we have made our complete opposites so compatible.

I received this gift from a friend of mine. A simple salt and pepper shaker, and I just absolutely love it! It reminds me of how different the two of us are: salt, pepper, white, brown, but how perfectly we fit together and how complete we are together. I know it is far fetched and a little corny, but I love these salt & pepper shakers!

3 comments:

  1. Actually the same feeling, attitude or else make the relationship bored. everything different are enjoyable. Like a deeper treasure. Love this entry :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the response. I agree. I can honestly say my husband and I never have a dull moment with one another. We both embrace our differences and that is what makes us compliment one another :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehee..i'm following u now.
    hopefully u do the same. and we can be new friend. Check my blog.
    http://glowingsnow85.blogspot.com/
    have a good journey :D

    ReplyDelete